The number of people suffering from mental disorders is increasing globally, while still being stigmatised and facing a lack of treatment. In this second part of our mini-series on tech & mental health we want to show you how technology is being used to improve the treatment of mental illnesses. We brought the facts together for you!
1. Mental health: Fact sheet. World Health Organization [Internet]. 2019. [accessed 2020 Apr 15].http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/404851/MNH_FactSheet_ENG.pdf?ua=1
2. Wang, P., Aguilar-Gaxiola, S., Alonso, J., Angermeyer, M., Borges, G., Bromet, E., . . . Posada-Villa, J. (2007). Use of mental health services for anxiety, mood, and substance disorders in 17 countries in the WHO world mental health surveys. The Lancet, 370(9590), 841-850.
3. Opriş, D., Pintea, S., García‐Palacios, A., Botella, C., Szamosközi, &., & David, D. (2012). Virtual reality exposure therapy in anxiety disorders: A quantitative meta‐analysis. Depression and Anxiety, 29(2), 85-93.
4. Hengameh Marzbani, Hamid Reza Marateb, & Marjan Mansourian. (2016). Methodological Note: Neurofeedback: A Comprehensive Review on System Design, Methodology and Clinical Applications. Basic and Clinical Neuroscience, 7(2), 143-158.
5. Mutz, Julian, et al. “Comparative Efficacy and Acceptability of Non-Surgical Brain Stimulation for the Acute Treatment of Major Depressive Episodes in Adults: Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis.” BMJ, vol. 364, 2019, p. l1079.
6. Riek, L. (2015). Robotics Technology in Mental Health Care. ArXiv.org, ArXiv.org, Nov 7, 2015.
7. Abd-Alrazaq, A., Alajlani, M., Alalwan, A., Bewick, B., Gardner, P., & Househ, M. (2019). An overview of the features of chatbots in mental health: A scoping review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 132, 103978.
Written by: admin
We’re kicking off our mini-series on tech & mental health!In this Infographic we are exploring how Artificial Intelligence can be a useful tool in expanding our knowledge of mental illnesses. Machine Learning has been trending across disciplines [...]