The number of people suffering from mental disorders is increasing globally, while still being stigmatised and facing a lack of treatment. In this second part of our mini-series on tech & mental health we want to show you how technology is being used to improve the treatment of mental illnesses. We brought the facts together for you!
Check out our latest digital event here by clicking on the image:
Do you want to know more about AI?
This powerful tool can also be useful in the diagnosis of mental illnesses.
If you missed the first part of this mini-series, don’t worry, you can check it out with just one click: https://www.thebrainstorms.io/tech-and-mental-health-1
1. Mental health: Fact sheet. World Health Organization [Internet]. 2019. [accessed 2020 Apr 15].http://www.euro.who.int/__data/assets/pdf_file/0004/404851/MNH_FactSheet_ENG.pdf?ua=1
2. Wang, P., Aguilar-Gaxiola, S., Alonso, J., Angermeyer, M., Borges, G., Bromet, E., . . . Posada-Villa, J. (2007). Use of mental health services for anxiety, mood, and substance disorders in 17 countries in the WHO world mental health surveys. The Lancet, 370(9590), 841-850.
3. Opriş, D., Pintea, S., García‐Palacios, A., Botella, C., Szamosközi, &., & David, D. (2012). Virtual reality exposure therapy in anxiety disorders: A quantitative meta‐analysis. Depression and Anxiety, 29(2), 85-93.
4. Hengameh Marzbani, Hamid Reza Marateb, & Marjan Mansourian. (2016). Methodological Note: Neurofeedback: A Comprehensive Review on System Design, Methodology and Clinical Applications. Basic and Clinical Neuroscience, 7(2), 143-158.
5. Mutz, Julian, et al. “Comparative Efficacy and Acceptability of Non-Surgical Brain Stimulation for the Acute Treatment of Major Depressive Episodes in Adults: Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis.” BMJ, vol. 364, 2019, p. l1079.
6. Riek, L. (2015). Robotics Technology in Mental Health Care. ArXiv.org, ArXiv.org, Nov 7, 2015.
7. Abd-Alrazaq, A., Alajlani, M., Alalwan, A., Bewick, B., Gardner, P., & Househ, M. (2019). An overview of the features of chatbots in mental health: A scoping review. International Journal of Medical Informatics, 132, 103978.
Written by: admin
We’re kicking off our mini-series on tech & mental health!In this Infographic we are exploring how Artificial Intelligence can be a useful tool in expanding our knowledge of mental illnesses. Machine Learning has been trending across disciplines [...]